When I drag a soundfont file to the script I get a Windows Scripting Host dialogue with a table showing what look like they may be variables and numbers somehow associated to them.
That the diagnostic display. It is a list of the tags in the RIFF. I changed it in ver 1.01 (below) so that it won't display for a SoundFont file.
In addition I get notepad up with "Cannot find the C:\DOCUE~1\...\...txt file" where the location consists of my users temp directory plus the temp file the script has tried to create...
Your machine is probably 6 times faster than mine, but it can't cope with your extra OS overhead. 500ms delay works fine in Win98. I increased the delay tenfold.
Ahh, doesn't happen with ALL soundfonts (just did another test). This time it appears I got the .txt file in notepad, but I have a WSH error giving me a "Permission Denied" error at line 50 Char 21 (Code 800A0046)
Another timing problem. Hopefully the extra delay will fix this.
Just got one with a "cannot find file" error - this one has spaces and an apostrophe in the name (jeux d'orgues 2.sf2) - just had another with spaces and multiple periods in the name... (GeneralUser GS 1.4 BETA 3.sf2)
Arrrgh... Spaces in the filename. Fixed it by wrapping the filename in quotes for the '.Run()' command.
Try the attachment below. Thanks for testing.